sweet, salty & oh so craveable, these maple cashews are the perfect fast, easy & healthy snack!
can a recipe with only two ingredients really count as a recipe? maybe not, but here we go...
these maple cashews might just be the easiest thing you make all year. deeply rich maple syrup coats salty, roasted cashews to create an almost brittle-like shell. little clusters of sweet, salty deliciousness. pantry staples combined to create the perfect tasty bite.
whether you add these nuts to yogurt, porridge, ice cream or straight from the container, these maple cashews are a perfect sweet - yet healthy - treat any time of day.
recipe: maple cashews
- 1/2 c salted cashews
- 2 - 3 Tbsp maple syrup -- a hearty drizzle
- on a plate or other flat surface, lay out a piece of parchment or wax paper
- in a small, heavy-bottomed skillet (we used our tiny, super cute cast iron) combine the cashews and maple syrup
- heat over on low, stirring occasionally until the maple syrup is bubbling, slightly reduced and the cashews have turned a very light, golden brown
- remove from heat, pour onto the parchment and allow to cool at room temp for 15 - 30 minutes, or until the syrup has had a chance to set and harden
- transfer to a reusable, lidded container and store in the fridge
- *these maple cashews will keep for weeks in the fridge - if they last that long!
s & h