these cinnamon-roasted apples might just be the easiest thing you'll ever make. with just two ingredients, they are the perfect quick snack, breakfast-side or even dessert.
this recipe - if you can even call it one! - is a twist on a snack my sister hilary started making for helena whenever she would babysit. sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar and baked. easy, healthy, fast & full of the flavors of apple pie. what kid (or ahem, adult) wouldn't love that? when i started making these cinnamon - apples i found that with the sweetness of the apple itself i didn't need to add any additional sugar - cinnamon alone was enough.
the perfect quick snack, these cinnamon-roasted apples are sweet and cozy - and make the house smell heavenly as they bake. pair them with porridge for breakfast, yogurt for snacks and even ice cream for dessert - or on their own, of course! anyway you slice 'em, they are sure to be a family-favorite in no time!
recipe: cinnamon-roasted apples
- 1 apples, cut into 8 wedges (or 8 thick slices) - any kind exceot mcintosh
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cinnamon - or to taste
- heat a toaster oven (or regular oven) to 375
- lay the apple slices on a foil lined baking sheet & sprinkle with cinnamon
- bake* for 10 - 15 minutes, until the apples have softened
- remove from the oven & enjoy!
*these apples can be microwaved - 2 - 4 minutes should do it!
h & s