fast, easy, simple. these quick & healthy alfredo-style noodles are an everyday, fresh take on the special occasion classic.
is there anyone who doesn't love fettuccini alfredo? tender noodles coated in a rich, creamy, unbelievably decadent sauce? we sure do! but that nutritonal price tag? no thanks.
sure, fettuccini alfredo is insanely delicious - but sadly, there is nothing nutritionally redeeming about traditional alfredo sauce. butter, cream and cheese, tossed with hot pasta. tasty it is, healthy it is definitely not. and so we set out to create a healthier alfredo-style sauce that is just as creamy, just as rich and just as quick as the original - but light enough for everyday. the secret? ricotta cheese. smooth and silky, with a subtle sweetness - the perfect replacement for the cream and butter! win!
these quick & healthy alfredo-style noodles are perfect for a weeknight meal, but elegant enough for company. they come together in a snap and use a handful of simple, pantry staples. and the best part? no one will taste the difference between this healthier alfredo & the original! that'll just be our little secret! ;)
recipe: quick & healthy alfredo-style noodles
- 1/4 - 1/3 box long noodles - fettuccini, linguine or papparedelle recommended
- 1/4 c ricotta cheese
- 1/8 c (2 Tbsp) grated parmesan (the stuff from the can is fine!)
- 1/4 c shredded parm
- salt, pepper - to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder - or to taste
- 3 - 4 Tbsp pasta cooking liquid - as needed to thin the sauce
- bring a large pot of water to the boil
- add the pasta and cook 8 - 10 minutes (or until done). reserve 1/2 c of the pasta cooking liquid. drain the pasta and set aside
- mix the ricotta, grated parm and shredded parm in a large bowl.
- season with garlic powder, salt & pepper & stir to combine
- add the hot pasta, 2 Tbsp of the pasta cooking liquid and stir to coat. if the mixture is too thick, add some more of the pasta water, 1 Tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached. you want the pasta to be thickly coated, but not gloppy & sticky
- transfer to serving bowls & enjoy!
s & h