fast, fresh & healthy. this butternut squash-sweet potato soup is coziness in a bowl!
squash season is here!!! while most fruits & veggies hold a special place in my heart, i can say with complete certainty that squash - especially butternut - is one of my favorite foods. hands down. that's it. and so really, it should come as no surprise just how excited i am that squash is finally back in season.
this soup is one that i've been making for years. it is simple, quick, cozy and has that perfect balance of sweet & savory flavors. definitely a showcase for sweet, golden squash & sweet potato. fantastic for those chilly fall/winter nights - especially when paired with some crusty bread & a salad. and as an extra bit of incentive (as if you really need it!), this soup comes together in 30 minutes or so, so when that craving hits you'll be in creamy, sweet, spicy soup bliss. in minutes. yum.
recipe: butternut squash - sweet potato soup
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled & chopped into small chunks
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 c vegetable stock
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- in a large soup pot, combine all ingredients.
- heat on medium, and cook until the squash and sweet potato are tender, about 30 minutes.
- using an immersion blender (or standard blender or food processor), puree the soup until smooth
- return the soup to the stove, and taste, adjusting seasonings as needed.
- cook on low for 5 - 10 minutes
h & s