a new twist on the classic combo - this cheesy rotini tomato soup is the perfect fast & healthy kid-friendly meal!
certain foods just go together. you know, those culinary combos that work, everytime? tomato soup & grilled cheese is one of those combos - universally loved by adults & youngsters alike. and that mix of cheese, carbs & tomato soup is what inspired this recipe. that, and also h's love of combining seemingly weird foods and loving the result. so here it is, the evolution of the grilled cheese-tomato soup: the cheesy rotini tomato soup. trust us, it works.
recipe: cheesy rotini tomato soup (serves 1, easily increased)
- 1c tomato soup - any kind (we like trader joe's organic creamy tomato soup)
- 1/2 c cooked whole wheat rotini (or any shape - but long noodles not recommended)
- 1 cheese single or 1/4c shredded, mild cheese
- combine the hot pasta with the cheese & mix until melty
- heat the tomato soup
- pour the tomato soup over the cheesy pasta
h & s